Sunday, August 2, 2009

2 August 2009

Hey Mom.

The rain is finally starting to let up. Now, the intense heat comes. But thats okay. I prefer dry heat ANY DAY over pouring, wet heat. So, Im happy. :-)

This past week was pretty good. My companion finally got over the virus he caught, and now we are both healthy and working hard. Ive come to really like Elder Takanishi. We are seriously having a whole lot more fun. I have found that when we are sick or hurt or dont get out of the apartment as much for this reason or that, we arent as happy as when we are always outside. I think it is an eternal principle that work = happiness. In the Gospel Principles book, President David O. McKay has a quote: "Let us realize that the privilege to work is a gift, that the power to work is a blessing, that the love of work is success." I agree full-heartedly with that.

This past Sunday, four investigators came to church. One of them is scheduled to be baptized this next Saturday, and he asked me to do the confirmation on Sunday. Yeah, thats in Japanese. Im sure it will be fine, but I know I need to prepare myself. I have never done that ordinance, not even in English! So this will be fun. Hopefully, I will have good news to report next week.

I got a really strong desire to go to the temple this past week. I want to go to the temple sooo bad. Soooo baaaad. I want to go like once a week when I get back. At least the Saturday I get back. :-)

Well, Im glad everyone is doing well and vacationing hard. Waydago! I am healthy and happy and thankful for your love and support. Talk to you later!

Love
Elder Hogge

No comments: