Monday, September 28, 2009

28 September 2009

Hey Mom.

Nope, havent had any getemono here. I just looked up that word in my dictionary and it said: a product of folkcraft; an odd thing; a grotesquerie. Nope, havent had to deal with that...luckily. Haha. Well, the weirdest cut of meat I have had was raw liver alllll the way back in Shimonoseki 1/2008. That was weird. The Japanese actually kind of take pride in how much they dont eat meat here. Its kind of funny.

I hope WIllie is doing better. I assume he is. Tell him Im rooting for him!

That would be really great if you could check up at EGHS for a tutoring opportunity for me. Kiuchi sensei was my teacher. I havent gotten in touch with her for so long, but I hope it would be alright once I get back. Ill pretty much work as hard as I can minus Sunday.

Oh Mom...Im glad I have things to do when I get back, but its just hard seeing it. Of course, there is still tons to do here. So, we are getting and staying busy. We have Zone Meeting tomorrow that we are about 30% done planning and after that, exchanges again with the APs. I have really grown close to them. And then, we are going reaaally far on Thursday to visit all the members who live far out away from the church.

Well, we met Rin last Monday night and talked about the First Vision and the Book of Mormon and gave him a Book of Mormon, but we havent been able to get in touch after that. I was also able to go all the way up to Hamada this week on exchanges. It is sooo beautiful there and the air is sooo fresh and clean. I really do love Hamada.

Miyahara san is doing well. We successfully challenged her husband to the Word of Wisdom last week, and we are going to pick up the last of his alcohol on Wednesday. Cigarettes are still tough, but were working on it.

So yeah, thank you for all your love and support! I really do appreciate it!

Love,
Elder Hogge

P.S. Im healthy and working hard!

No comments: