Monday, October 5, 2009

5 October 2009

Hey Mom.

We get to watch Conference this upcoming weekend because if they broadcasted it on time, the hours would be really weird. However, Bishop Akagi announced a part of it in Sacrament Meeting. Let me make this a story.

When I was in the MTC, I really got used to going to the temple once a week. It was awesome all 10 weeks. When I got to Japan, I had a rough time not being able to attend the temple, especially since I was first transfered to Shimonoseki, the closest area to the Fukuoka Temple. I was somewhat lonely, me and my companion the only Americans in all of Shimonoseki. At that time, I started to pray: "Dear Heavenly Father, I miss the temple so bad. There are so many people here in Japan, but they need to feel the blessings of the temple. Please bless that another temple will come to Japan." And so I prayed continually. Nearly 2 years later, with that same prayer in my heart, I went to my last sacrament meeting in Japan as a missionary, and the bishop announced from General Conference that a temple was set to be built in Sapporo, Japan. Okay, so it wasn't anywhere near where I was in Hiroshima, but that didn't matter. The Lord answered my prayer! Because I chose to extend, I was able to hear the announcement of another Japanese temple in the native land and tongue. What a blessing that was. It was pretty good.

So yeah. That is all I have heard about conference, but I am already looking forward to it. This past week, we picked up Miyahara san's husband's last bit of whiskey. He is done with alcohol. We are really excited and ready to help him. We are also trying to help the wife increase her faith. We really want to solidify that baptismal date.

Well, we had a big meeting as a zone this past week, and it was the last meeting I had to run as a missionary. It went pretty well. We talked about Pres. Utchdorf's "The Way of the Disciple" and we focused on not becoming just missionaries, but becoming disciples. Disciples are code for super members. And like Pres. McKay said, "Every member a missionary." So, we really tried helping our zone with more exact obedience. So, yeah. It went pretty well. Going to work hard this next week.

I'm glad Spence and Hil liked their letters. I got an email from Hil. that was good.

Thank you for your love and support,

Elder Hogge

No comments: