Monday, October 6, 2008

6 October 2008

I hate computers. I just spent 40 minutes typing out this beautiful email, and the computer decided to log me out...Im a little frustrated because it was pretty much one of the most amazing emails i have ever written, so, please bear with me this week! :-)

Okay. So, things are going good here. We are working hard, and Hatsukaichi is wonderful. We have ocean on one side, and beautiful green Japanese mountains on the other, so we are working the middle! :-)

This past week brought a lot of change for me! We got transfer calls this last Wednesday, and Elder Packer left me! And guess what: I was called to be trainer and district leader! When, I first got the call, it blew my socks off! I had gone only one transfer as senior, and then I went straight to district leader and trainer! That is quite fast for this mission! So, i was very much overwhelmed at first, but now, im doing fine. My new companion is Elder Mourao. Yeah, hes Brazilian. Yeah, hes awesome! He was born in Brazil, and then moved to Utah when he was 11 years old. So, he English is perfectly American. And he is perfectly Utah Mormon! He went to Utah State for a year, and he wants to go into the Air Force, too. When I first met him, my first thought was Wow! Hes huge! 6 foot 4! I may be his trainer, but he could eat me for breakfast if I dont get up on time! Haha. Probably the coolest part about him is what he said in the first 5 minutes we were together: `I bleed blue.` Yeah, this is the start of a beautiful relationship! :-)

GO COUGS!!!!!

yeah, this has been the fastest year of my life.
and I like it.

Its really awesome hearing about the family! Mr. Reiswig stories bring back good memories...Hilary needs to send me a letter...Im her founding father and havent given her approval yet! Haha, go Hil!

Spence -- HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FROM ALL OF US TO YOU, WE WISH IT WERE OUR BIRTHDAY, SO WE COULD PARTY TOO. HEY! Yeah, Ill try and get something off to you. Was there anything you specifically wanted? I remember when I turned 16, one of the best things I did was get my patriarchal blessing the day before. If you dont have it yet, it would be a great thing to have! :-)

Well, Im tired of typing since this is the second big letter i've done...so...im off!

Wait, what does Mom and Dad prefer -- email or letter? I can do either...

Well, I love y`all and hope to hear from you soon! :-)

Elder Hogge

No comments: